One for the 60+ Bucket List

I attended a TEDx event a couple of years ago mainly because

  • I wanted to see inside the Royal geographic Society 
  • There was a very decent lunch on offer  
  • I was bored out of my mind with my day to day existence
  • All this for around £40 seemed to good to miss
The speakers were mixed .The worst was a self publicist banging on about what she's done for London.  Unsurprising that I can remember more about what she wore ( sunflower yellow ) than what she said. The whole point of giving a TEDx all is that you must give your audience something to take away and think about . She gacve nothing but took our precious time.

I rather vainly fancy giving a talk. The subject changes each time I revisit this subject. At the moment it's 'Managing Change' but not in that dull businessy way they bang on about at Corporate away-days. This is the change that we must adapt to when , as mothers, our nests empty and we are left reeling from the shock of having fewer people to care about but at the same time we are dreaming about escape, new beginnings and taking up Italian. My ambitious plans range from buying a croft on the Isle of Skye , to sailing round the world and everything in between. It's all daft and fanciful but I'm not even having fun letting my imagination run wild. I come back down to earth with a bump when I realise that the irritation of work, what's for dinner and taking the cats to the vets is still my life's routine and I am careless to expect that will ever change.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 23rd 2023 - Day One in the House

Advice for young women contemplating marriage