Pinkfresh Studio - National Scrapbooking Day - Challenge

When Pinkfresh Studio burst onto the scrapbooking scene around 5 years ago I was smitten by their designs and contemporary take on the scrapping scene. Their colours were fresh, their designs were fresh ... well , they were called Pinkfresh after all ! Then they started producing stamps - oh my ! Not only that but they then produced a line of stamps by Lizzie MacKay - one of my favourite British designers. I was in seventh heaven.

So, when I saw they were throwing down the gauntlet and challenging paper crafters to produce a project to celebrate National Scrapbooking Day this year, I couldn't resist.

We were asked to draw inspiration from a selection of favourite layouts chosen from the Pinkfresh Studio design team. I was inspired by Zsoka Marko's use of frames as I've always loved these as a device to cluster some photos together.

Here's my finished layout and I'm tickled pink (fresh ! ) at how it turned out.






I decided to create my own patterned border by using a few of their stamp sets in my collection :

Dream On
Constellation
Playful Animal Friends 1
Playful Animal Friends 2

Basic Banners
Aviary

I coloured a few of the images to tie in with the patterned paper and stitched frame colours,

I then arranged some stitched frames from their Let Your Heart Decide collection in the centre and used an acetate tag from The Mix No. 1 collection of positive sayings framed inside one of the stitched frames.

I layered up some fussy cut shapes from the patterned papers in the collection plus some ephemera shapes from the Let Your Heart Decide and Be You Ephemera Packs and some stitched hearts and a smattering of enamel dots  over the stamped images in the border to give it some colour and added dimension - and there you have it !

What I love most about Pinkfresh Studio's collections is that they all go with eachother . You can even use elements from their Christmas ranges in everyday layouts as I have here with the tiny fussy cut houses from their Christmas Wishes range. Their stamps also always include little sayings that always seem to fit the bill perfectly and that you wouldn't always find in other stamps sets - such as the ones I've used here .... Just Saying , I have so much of you in my heart and I thank my lucky stars for you .

There'e still time for you to join in with their challenge . You can find it here on their blog.
Good luck everybody.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 23rd 2023 - Day One in the House

Advice for young women contemplating marriage