Stagnate

At the start of every new year, I am encouraged to choose one little word that I wish to define my forthcoming year. In the past, I've opted for positive affirmations designed to encourage and inspire such as 'simplify' and 'aspire'. Had I know what this year was to hold I may have settled for 'hibernate' or 'delete' but hey, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Retrospectively therefore, I am chosing , for the fisrt half of 2020 'stagnate' the dictionary definition of which reads 'to cease developing; to become inactive or dull'. Yes, that sums up my year so far.

Breaking with tradition, for what is tradition other than a stagnation of ideas coupled with a failure to move forward, I am choosing a new word for the second half of this annus horribilis and have chosen the word 'renew' . Enough of this energy-sapping introspection and lethargy. I am fed up to the gunwhales of lost opportunities, apathy and befuddled thinking.

Time to pull my finger out and stop making excuses for indecision and getting nothing done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 23rd 2023 - Day One in the House

Advice for young women contemplating marriage